Certificate Detail: RISK-MGMT - Aviation Risk Management Certificate
About the Program
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University's (ERAU) Certificate in Aviation Risk Management prepares students to assess, identify, transfer or mitigate risk in every corner of an aviation organization. From equipment issues that threaten passenger safety to financial processes that threaten business profitability, risk affects every aspect of the modern aviation industry. Knowledge and skills acquired in this program can contribute to success for years to come, as students leave the program able to identify and reduce hazards, prevent incidents and mitigate accidents.
Students may take any course individually or pursue the professional certificate of completion by successfully completing four required courses. There are no prerequisites for the courses in this certificate and no required completion sequence.
Who Should Attend
Since risk affects every department, operation, employee or individual, any professional working in any capacity across the aviation industry can benefit from this knowledge, including:
- Aviation manufacturers and suppliers
- Finance professionals
- Government entities
- Insurance professionals
- Project managers
- Risk managers
- Safety professionals
- Aviation law
- Fundamentals of risk management
- Hazard identification
- Risk management and its impact on insurance
- Safety Management Systems (SMS)
- When: Courses are offered every other month beginning in January.
- Where: Online; courses are instructor facilitated and taught in an asynchronous format. The courses have a designated start and end date and required weekly assignments; however, students are not required to log in at a specified time or day during the week. Students interact with instructors and classmates through discussion boards, assignments and email.
- MGM 2000: Safety Management Systems ($599) OR MGM 3000: SMS Basics for Public Service Aviation ($799)
- MGM 2100: Aviation Law and Risk Management ($599)
- MGM 2300: Risk Management and Hazard Identification ($599)
- MGM 2800: Airport & Aviation Risk Management and Insurance ($699)
Students are required to complete four courses to earn the Certificate in Aviation Risk Management.
|Course Title||Mandatory||Year Span|
|Safety Management Systems [MGM 2000]||Elective||0|
|Aviation Law and Risk Management [MGM 2100]||Mandatory||0|
|Risk Management and Hazard Identification [MGM 2300]||Mandatory||0|
|SMS Basics for Public Service Aviation [MGM 3000]||Elective||0|
|Airport & Aviation Risk Management and Insurance [MGM 2800]||Mandatory||0|