What does a good leader know about culture and communicating effectively across cultures? How does culture influence notions of self, conflict styles, leadership, or what is expected in the workplace? According to research, knowing the answers to these can help your organization in a number of ways, including driving business through your doors, increasing innovation and productivity, and raising employee satisfaction and retention.
In this two day course you will have the opportunity to learn intercultural tools and skills that will help you:
- Understand ways culture influences communication in the workplace
- More skillfully communicate cross-culturally
- Build better workplace relationships and trust across cultures
- Understand different conflict styles (using the Intercultural Conflict Style Inventory®)
- Respond to conflict with increased confidence and skill
The University of Southern Maine is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM.
The registration fee includes all materials.
For more information: