Course Detail: P_MEDIAT - Mediation
Mediation introduces you to alternative dispute resolution (ADR) and the process and skills of mediation. It provides 40 hours of training, which is a state and national standard for entry-level mediators. The course is designed for individuals who are interested in mediating or applying the process of mediation to their profession or in their workplace.
Course work addresses :
- Definition and roles of the mediator
- Stages of the mediation process
- Conflict diagnoses and interventions
- Diversity and bias awareness
- Professional standards and ethics
- Effective communication interventions
- Power imbalance identification and management skills
Upon program completion, participants are eligible to receive 4.0 CEUs, 16 CLE credits, and 3 Ethics credit.
The University of Southern Maine is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM.
The registration fee includes all materials.
For more information: