Mediation introduces you to alternative dispute resolution (ADR) and the process and skills of mediation. It provides 40 hours of training, which is a state and national standard for entry-level mediators. The course is designed for individuals who are interested in mediating or applying the process of mediation to their profession or in their workplace.
Course work addresses :
- Definition and roles of the mediator
- Stages of the mediation process
- Conflict diagnoses and interventions
- Diversity and bias awareness
- Professional standards and ethics
- Effective communication interventions
- Power imbalance identification and management skills
Upon program completion, participants are eligible to recieve 4.0 CEUs, 16 CLE credits, and 1 Ethics credit.
Please enroll in the Mediation program after registering for the course.
The University of Southern Maine is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM.
The registration fee includes all materials.
For more information: