Death Investigation Training: Basics
This course is structured from the NIJ Death Investigation publication, supplemented by vignettes, audio and video clips. The main standards utilized are ABMDI training metrics and the NIJ Death Investigation Standards.
- Define and explain the 29 Principles of Death Investigation as endorsed by the National Institute of Justice.
- Identify basic tools and equipment used in death investigation and organize appropriate local response strategies.
- Apply these local protocols in death investigation and distinguish various roles and steps in death investigation.
- Compare and differentiate between various personal protective equipment in death investigation and organize professional response and dress for death investigation.
- Learners will list key points for first responders in preservation and protection of the death scene.
Please view the list of certificate options below and select any that are applicable to you.