Death Investigation Training: Advanced Topics
This course covers several specialized and advanced topics in death investigation. There are three major topics reviewed:
- Child and infant death investigations.
- Process and importance of identification with review of types of identification used in death investigation.
- Death investigation where apparent natural disease is caused by trauma and non-natural events and natural deaths which appear initially to be trauma related.
- Recognize the need for infant death investigation.
- Understand steps in infant death investigation including completion and components of SUID form and approaches to doll-reenactment and documentation.
- Cite types of identification used in death investigation including the importance of identification, methods used in identification, materials needed for identification and limitations of identification.
- Recognize natural disease processes which may be associated with underlying, delayed trauma deaths and formulate investigation practices and questions to differentiate these situations.
- Recognize some unusual manifestations of natural disease processes which may appear to present as traumatic or non-natural deaths.
Please view the list of certificate options below and select any that are applicable to you.