Event: IGP-KSU Pet Food Formulation for Commercial Production
Student Learning Outcomes:
- To gain a general understanding of the raw ingredients used to produce pet foods, their general composition and processing considerations.
- To learn fundamental principles of companion animal (specifically dog and cat) nutrition and dietary needs.
- To gain an appreciation for the processes involved with producing pet foods, the regulatory constraints regarding claims and requirements, and the transportation and storage factors involved with marketing effective foods for companion animals.
- To explore the range of formulation tools (e.g. formulation software, spreadsheet applications, and nutritional databases) common to the trade.
- To gain skills using computer assisted software for formulating effective dry extruded, baked, and canned pet foods and treats.
- To create pet food formulas from concepts, reverse engineer existing pet foods, and trouble-shoot pet food production and quality control compliance issues using formulation software.
Refund PolicyUpon request, refunds for withdrawal made prior to fifteen days before a course start date will be fully refunded, minus a $100 processing fee. Registrations can be transferred to other individuals upon approval. Requests made fourteen days or less before a course start date will not be refunded.
Cancellation PolicyThe IGP Institute reserves the right to cancel or reschedule courses if minimum enrollment numbers are not met. If a course is canceled, participants will be refunded 100% of their tuition. If a course is rescheduled, participants will have the opportunity to have 100% of their registration fees applied to the rescheduled course, or receive a full refund.
Publicity StatementRegistration for this event gives consent for photographs, publicity and inclusion on the participant list unless K-State Global Campus is notified in writing prior to the start date.
Participants who need accommodations due to a disability or who have special dietary requirements should indicate services needed at the time of registration. If you have questions or need additional information, please contact Kelly Hannigan at email@example.com or call 785-532-4070.
Kansas State University Notice of Nondiscrimination
Event Date(s) and Location
This program contains no sessions.