Opens in a new window
Opens an external site
Opens an external site in a new window
Do you want to add tennis to your family activities? This 90-minute class offers the best of both skill instruction and family fun. During the first part of class, kids are taught correct stroke production and rallies, while adults learn some tennis skills and how to play with their kids. Then kids and adults are brought back together for fun games and drills that everyone can do. One adult per child age 8-18. Bring rackets, tennis shoes and water bottles.
Community Education is concerned about the health and safety of our participants and staff. We will be taking the following steps during this class to protect everyone:
- - All staff members will be personally trained by Coach Geoff Basham to ensure all classes follow guidelines and class modifications.
- - Each coach will sanitize their hands before and after every class and lesson.
- - The number of players and coaches per 100 x 100-foot space will be enforced based on Center for Disease Control and Minnesota Department of Health guidelines.
- - Only the instructor will touch tennis balls, carts and equipment. Players will use their rackets to push tennis balls away to the back fence or forward to the net.
- - Players will use their rackets to push the balls to a designated area for the instructors to pick up using hoppers.
- - Each player will get their own 6 x 6-foot (or larger) area, marked of with either chalk or tape, to put their water bottles and equipment when not in use.
- - Players will provide their own rackets.
- - USTA Net Generation curriculum is rally-based. Coaches will start the rally.
- - We will spread out while working on technique with players rotating to different stations.