Opens in a new window
Opens an external site
Opens an external site in a new window
The love of tennis starts here! Mini-nets, an 18 X 36-foot court, and specially-designed tennis balls are perfect for the youngest beginning players! The red tennis balls are larger and have 25% of the compression of a standard tennis ball, allowing players to have more rallies, more stroke production and more FUN! This class follows the USTA Net Generation curriculum. Bring an appropriately-sized racket, tennis shoes and water bottle.
Community Education is concerned about the health and safety of our participants and staff. We will be taking the following steps during this class to protect everyone:
- - All staff members will be personally trained by Coach Geoff Basham to ensure all classes follow guidelines and class modifications.
- - Each coach will sanitize their hands before and after every class and lesson.
- - The number of players and coaches per 100 x 100-foot space will be enforced based on Center for Disease Control and Minnesota Department of Health guidelines.
- - All Future Stars - Red classes will require parent participation throughout the class to help corral the balls to designated areas using their feet (shoes and socks on). This will allow the coaches to do quick ball pick-ups and be the only ones touching the tennis balls, carts and equipment.
- - Each player will get their own 6 x 6-foot (or larger) area, marked of with either chalk or tape, to put their water bottles and equipment when not in use.
- - Players will provide their own rackets.
- - USTA Net Generation curriculum is rally-based. Coaches will start the rally.
- - We will spread out while working on technique with players rotating to different stations.
June 7-28, 2021, Rogers High School
June 16-30, 2021, Rogers High School
July 5-26, 2021, Rogers High School
July 7, 2021 to August 4, 2021, Rogers High School
August 2-23, 2021, Rogers High School