Opens in a new window
Opens an external site
Opens an external site in a new window
Let's take our tennis game to the next level! We'll brave the challenge of 90 minutes of instruction on a full-sized tennis court (78 X 27-feet) using a ball that has 75% of the compression of a standard tennis ball. Practice groundstrokes, volleys, overhead strokes, serves, scoring and court positioning. This class uses USTA Net Generation curriculum. Bring a racket, tennis shoes and water bottle.
Community Education is concerned about the health and safety of our participants and staff. We will be taking the following steps during this class to protect everyone:
- - All staff members will be personally trained by Coach Geoff Basham to ensure all classes follow guidelines and class modifications.
- - Each coach will sanitize their hands before and after every class and lesson.
- - The number of players and coaches per 100 x 100-foot space will be enforced based on Center for Disease Control and Minnesota Department of Health guidelines.
- - Only the instructor will touch tennis balls, carts and equipment. Players will use their rackets to push tennis balls away to the back fence or forward to the net.
- - Players will use their rackets to push the balls to a designated area for the instructors to pick up using hoppers.
- - Each player will get their own 6 x 6-foot (or larger) area, marked of with either chalk or tape, to put their water bottles and equipment when not in use.
- - Players will provide their own rackets.
- - USTA Net Generation curriculum is rally-based. Coaches will start the rally.
- - We will spread out while working on technique with players rotating to different stations.
- - To be compliant with ISD 728's COVID 19 guidelines, parents/guardians or siblings are not allowed to wait in district buildings while their child attends a Community Education class/activity unless they are a registered participant (parent/child classes), or have been asked to stay due to safety reasons or as a requirement of the class. In those situations, only 1 parent/guardian is allowed. Parents are then required to exit the building and the instructor/coach will bring students to the exterior door for pickup at the end of class.
June 7-28, 2021, Rogers High School
June 16-30, 2021, Rogers High School
July 5-26, 2021, Rogers High School
July 7, 2021 to August 4, 2021, Rogers High School
August 2-23, 2021, Rogers High School