Course Detail: MGM-6300 - International Aviation Management in association with IATA [MGM 6300]
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University's (ERAU) International Aviation Management, part of a joint Aviation Management Program with the International Air Transportation Association (IATA), provides students with the opportunity to perform an investigation of international aviation management and its three elements: the nature of international aviation business, working in a foreign environment, and managing in an international environment. This course is designed to provide the student with an understanding of geographic, social, cultural, and managerial elements within the international aviation management environment.
This course may be taken individually or toward satisfaction of Embry-Riddle's Aviation Management professional education program requirements.
What You Will Learn
Upon completing this course, students should be able to:
- Apply new knowledge and skills to make more effective managerial decisions within the international aviation industry
- Become more valuable employees by having a thorough knowledge of the international air transport industry, its function and role
- Provide insight into current trends and issues in international civil aviation, such as aviation safety and security, law and new technology
- Air cargo technology
- The business and future challenges of the global aviation industry
- Current trends and issues facing the airlines
- International airline, air cargo, airport, and aircraft manufacturing industries
- Public-private partnerships and capacity problems
- Technological advances and efficiencies in the aircraft manufacturing industry
Who Should Attend
This course is ideal for:
- Aviation professionals seeking a managerial/supervisory role
- Junior-level managers in all fields of aviation
- Managers entering the aviation industry
Certificate Awarded by Embry-Riddle
A Certificate of Completion is awarded upon successful completion of the entire Aviation Management Program (6 courses). Students are also awarded the Aviation Management Professional (AvMP) designation by IATA.
This is a 100% online asynchronous self-paced course. Coursework is web-based with no additional software required, although a reliable internet connection is recommended. This course requires approximately 45 hours of study for each course and all courses must be completed within 12 months of the purchase date (enrollment validity). After enrollment validity expires, students will not have access to the course content and will not be able to take the exam.
Student performance is assessed by an examination. Please refer to the Exam Information below for more details.
The exam for this course is online and contained within the course itself. Once the exam is opened, it must completed or the attempt is forfeited. Work cannot be saved and completed later. Students should schedule enough time to complete the final exam without interruption. For technical difficulties, please contact the ERAU Worldwide Office of Professional Education.
- Exam method: Online exam
- Exam format: Multiple-choice and true/false questions
- Number of questions: 20
- Passing grade: 70% correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 3