Course Detail: ALF-4000 - Air Transport Fundamentals in association with IATA [ALF 4000]
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University's (ERAU) Air Transport Fundamentals, part of a joint Aviation Management Program with the International Air Transportation Association (IATA), provides students with an overview of the air transportation system that illustrates the interdependence among its components: airlines, airports, civil aviation authorities and air navigation services. Note: This course may only be taken as part of the Aviation Management Program (AvMP).
This course awards 3 CEUs upon completion.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course students will be able to:
- Apply knowledge and skills in the aviation industry and make more effective decisions for their organizations
- Become a more valuable employee by having a thorough knowledge of the air transport industry, its function and role
- Provide insight into current trends and issues in civil aviation, such as aviation safety and security, law and new technology
- Aviation law
- The future of air transportation
- Impact of technology on air transportation
- Overview of the air transport system
- Role and function of world aviation organizations
- Role and function of civil aviation authorities (CAAs)
- Role and function of airlines
- Role and function of airports
- Role and function of air navigation service (ANS) providers
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Junior-level managers in all fields of aviation
- Managers entering the aviation industry
A Certificate of Completion is awarded by Embry-Riddle upon successful completion of the entire Aviation Management Program (6 courses). Students are also awarded the AvMP designation by IATA.
This course requires approximately 45 hours of study to be completed in 12 months from the purchase date (enrollment validity). After the enrollment validity expires, the users will not have access to the course content and will not be able to take the exam.
Student performance will be based on an examination. Please refer to the Exam Information below for more details.
Please read IATA's Exam Information on partner-taught and self-study exams.
- Exam Method: Online exam
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions, Closed Text Book
- Number of questions: 100
- Time Allowance: 3 hours
- Passing Grade: 60% correct answers
- Distinction Grade: 90 correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 2