Course Detail: AAIM - Aircraft Accident Investigation & Management
Participants will learn the fundamentals required to conduct or manage an aircraft mishap/accident investigation.
The participant will review the investigation sequence from the pre-planning stage through the general survey and specific analysis of a mishap/accident, culminating with the determination of contributing factors and probable cause(s).
Crash laboratory exercises and case examples help the participant identify, collect and analyze data in the process of determining probable cause/s. The participant also discovers solutions to problems faced during aircraft mishap/accident investigations.
Who Should Attend
Because safety risks affect every individual and department, professionals working in various capacities across the aviation industry can benefit from this knowledge including:
- Airport Managers
- Safety Professionals
- Airport Risk Managers
After completing this course, you should demonstrate a comprehensive and broad-based understanding of risk management and competency in:
- Current practices and principles of aircraft accident investigation
- Roles and responsibilities of government agencies and other entities involved in the process
- Accident reports, documents, witness interviewing, and review causal factors
- Conducting a small-scale accident investigation
- Pre-accident planning & personal safety
- Utilization of ADS-B and FDM data in investigations
- System, structural, and instrument investigation
- Accident survivability and crashworthiness
Attendees Said..."Very interesting and thorough introduction to aircraft accident investigation. It provided valuable methods, procedures, and techniques that can be applied in the real world."
A cancellation charge of $100 will be assessed on any standard cancellations. A late cancellation charge of 25% of the course registration fee will be assessed on cancellations occurring within 14 days of the start of the course.