ART 2900: Watercolor Wax Batik with Linda Renaud
Linda Renaud is the primary art instructor for this workshop. Linda, an award winning professional artist, paints in watercolor, watercolor wax batik, acrylic and mixed media. The process of watercolor wax batik will be explained, demonstrated and practiced in this hands-on, intensive workshop. Learn how to select the best photos to work from, plan your painting, build the multiple layers of wax and watercolor and then do the final batiking and the "reveal."
Topics covered will include:
- Recognizing Value Changes (light to dark)
- Essential Shapes - choosing what is needed and what can be left out
- Review of Color - color harmonies, analogous & complementary colors
- Planning Your Painting; First Wax Application - and Initial Wash of Watercolor - Finalizing the planning stages; Building Up the Layers?Batiking your painting
- The "Reveal" - removing the wax, sharing the results
- Mounting your painting for greater stability
If time permits, we will talk about how to proceed using your own photos, so bring your photo(s) - printed both in color AND in black and white. Photos should be printed on plain copier paper; bigger is better than smaller! Make sure your photos are not too dark - and have good light/highlight areas. Photos with good light from an angle are best.