Foodservice Management I
This knowledge and skills development course is designed for individuals with a 2 or 4 year college degree in foodservice management, or a related degree such as culinary arts or hotel-restaurant management with applicable required experience, who meet ANFP's requirement for exam eligibility under Pathway II, III or V. Individuals wanting to prepare, take and pass the national credentialing examination to become a Certified Dietary Manager, Certified Food Protection Professional (CDM, CFPP) should consider this course.
Improve foodservice management and sanitation and food safety knowledge and skills by reading the lesson materials, accompanying textbook readings, vocabulary exercises, and practice quizzes.
During this course, students will complete four lessons and one 100 point exam. Those scoring 70% or better on these exams, and successfully completed the course and all lessons, will be prepared to register for the national credentialing examination - as long as the requirement for two foodservice management courses is met.
Throughout this course you will:
- Read assigned textbook chapters.
- Read and review the lesson discussion materials and readings in four lessons.
- Practice vocabulary.
- Review PowerPoint summaries of lesson materials for each textbook chapter.
- Take the multiple choice quiz in each lesson.
- Complete 6-7 required assignments in each lesson, which are submitted to your instructor.
- Have access to all of your course materials online, except for the required ANFP textbook.