Course Detail: OREG - Aviation Regulation in the U.S. (Online)
The online virtual Aviation Regulation Course is part of the U.S. Aviation Law Diploma in partnership with IATA and introduces participants to the regulatory environment as it pertains to the airline industry. Participants examine the role that the U.S. Congress as well as executive branch agencies such as the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) and the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) play in enacting and enforcing laws. The course also aims to review the role that federal government plays in addressing challenges in the industry.
The ERAU Aviation Regulation in the U.S. seminar has been approved by The Florida Bar for General Continuing Legal Education (CLE) Credits and Aviation Law Certification Credits. The ERAU and IATA short-courses and diploma are not eligible for academic credit toward a degree program.
The Aviation Regulation course can be taken independently or toward the U.S. Aviation Law Diploma, offered in conjunction with IATA.
Who Should Attend
Because FAA regulations affect every individual and department, professionals working in various capacities across the aviation industry can benefit from this knowledge including:
- Airline, aircraft and aviation lawyers & legal professionals
- U.S. and International legal counselors & advisors
- Government affairs representatives
- Aircraft leasing and finance executives
- Lawyers interested in learning more about the growing field of unmanned aerial system (UAS) law
- Lawyers involved in handling aviation law matters before administrative agencies
After completing this course, you should be able to demonstrate a comprehensive and broad-based understanding of:
- The legal and regulatory environment as it pertains to those working in the airline industry.
- The role that the U.S. Congress as well as executive branch agencies such as the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) and the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) play in enacting and enforcing laws.
- The role that federal government plays in addressing problems in the industry.
A cancellation charge of $100 will be assessed on any standard cancellations. A late cancellation charge of 25% of the course registration fee will be assessed on cancellations occurring within 14 days of the start of the course.
Course Structure - Zoom - Online Access
This online course will be offered live during the scheduled timeframe, between the hours of 1pm to 4pm EST. The course will consist of live virtual sessions hosted in Zoom. It is your responsibility to ensure you can join a Zoom meeting prior to registration. To enable dialogue, access to speakers and a microphone are required and a camera is recommended. Live attendance is mandatory for all sessions and your undivided attention is required to ensure a successful and rewarding learning environment. The course will also require some reading, self-study and research.