Course Detail: Outdoor Adventure Series: Get to the Top
Planning a successful hike, backpacking trip or other outdoor adventure takes some skill, strategy and a touch of luck. Learn what it takes to get off the beaten path and explore the backcountry. This series includes 5 interactive class sessions: Get in Shape, Get your Gear, Get a Plan, Get Confident and Get There. The series concludes with a field session to practice the knowledge and skills gained.
- Get in Shape: Physical preparation for outdoor adventures
- Get your Gear: What to wear and what to pack
- Get a Plan: Trip planning for hikers and backpackers
- Get Confident: Safety and judgment
- Get There: Basic navigation skills
- Field Session
This course contains no sessions at this time.