Course Detail: PM101 - Project Management
The Project Management Certificate provides a comprehensive overview toward successful project implementations. Over the years, project management has improved due to contributions from the global community. The latest Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK 7thEdition) reflects updates to include not only waterfall, but agile, and hybrids in-between. Tailoring projects based on complexity, political and cultural influencers, team member diversity, and size is so important in today's project world.The ten-week course is highly interactive and energetic and will include a combination of lecture, Q and A, group exercises, and brief assessments to evaluate knowledge transfer. Key tenets of good project management practice are excellent communication, empowering leadership, strong people skills, a firm and consistent management style, combined with experience and wisdom.
Come join us with a growing community of project management life-long learners to see how project management has evolved from a standards-based to principle-based approach. This course will provide tangible tools, templates, tips, and tricks for practical application that you can apply immediately.
Upon completion, participants can expect to:
- Comprehend and communicate the nine principles of project management and how they guide behavior of the eight project performance domains.
- Understand the traditional standard for project management and the terminology, processes, tools and techniques.
- Become familiar with the different project management methodologies and hybrids.
- Identify how to document, communicate, and handle team challenges during a project.
- Develop ability to present project health through customized communications.
- Identify risk responses, handle issues, understand team challenges and solutions.