Course Detail: LD055 - From Peer to Supervisor
The reality of today's workplace is that a leader's individual success depends not just on how well they do their job, but on how well the people they manage do theirs. But how do you make a shift from individual contributor to leader of a team? What if that team is made up of former peers?
This half-day workshop is designed to give participants the tools to move from an individual contributor to a "multiplier of others." Participants will learn a framework for creating exceptional performance by defining their role as a supervisor and what they bring to that role. Next, they'll prepare to delegate effectively and understand how to create an environment where employees can be motivated toward exceptional performance.
After this course, you should be able to
- Identify your strengths as a supervisor
- Evaluate barriers to delegation and overcome them
- Apply the steps to delegating effectively
- Handle mistakes, missteps, and failures as learning opportunities
- Establish expectations for your workgroup to reach exceptional performance