Course Detail: HR304 - Strategic Staffing
Intensive introduction to workforce planning, sourcing and recruiting, matching, selecting, acquiring, deploying, and retaining talent. In this course you will:
- Discuss how strategic staffing differs from traditional staffing
- Examine the HR manager's role in strategic staffing/workforce forecasting and planning
- Understand the impact of the changing demographics of today's applicants/employees -- generation x, millennial, approaching retirement, cultural and ethnic diversity etc.
- Utilize multiple recruiting venues.
- Write and critique job descriptions/competency-based position profiles.
- Examine a variety of sourcing and selection tools.
- Identify the phases of the employment life cycle.
- Understand employment relationships and compliance with ADA and Affirmative Action issues.
- Utilize tools to measure the success of the talent management process
- Discuss workforce planning and management systems and technologies