Course Detail: FM303 - Writing for Development
If you want to be on the top of your game when using words to raise money, this class is for you! We will focus on developing the necessary written fundraising messages to reach different audiences for fundraising success. Students will gain practice in writing case statements, appeal letters, grant proposals and press releases. In this course you'll:
- Write to your target audience.
- Write case statements for campaigns.
- Write compelling annual appeal letters and thank you letters
- Use the Internet to research appropriate foundations to apply for grants.
- Write the grant proposal and letter of inquiry.
- Develop relationships with funders and donors (stewardship).
- Write press releases that get noticed and working with the press.
Click here to be notified about the next scheduled program.