Course Detail: FM302 - Major Gifts and Planned Giving
Major and Planned Gifts
An overview of major and planned giving within a comprehensive fund development program. Course includes: Theory and best practices, prospect identification and research, cultivation methods, solicitation techniques, closing strategies, the role of the Board, marketing, donor recognition and stewardship, and the role of major and planned giving in capital and endowment programs. In this course you will learn how to:
- Assess, plan and incorporate major and planned giving programs into an organization's comprehensive fund development program.
- Identify, research and cultivate major and planned gift donor prospects.
- Secure appointments with major gifts prospects, identify donor conversational cues, ask for and close gifts.
- Understand the role of the Board in implementing and sustaining major and planned giving programs.
- Identify the concepts and major components of a capital and/or endowment campaign.
- Understand basic and advanced planned giving concepts and strategies
- Understand relationship-based, donor-centered fundraising and stewardship.
Click here to be notified about the next scheduled program.