Course Detail: FM301 - Introduction to Fundraising Management
This basics course provides an introduction to the theory and practice of fundraising for nonprofit organizations. Course includes developing a professional communication style, a basic development plan, relationship building, working with Board of Directors, value-based decision making, the Fundraising Code of Ethics, and career development. In this course, you will:
- Examine the history of philanthropy.
- Learn how successful fund raising programs are structured.
- Examine the roles of volunteers and staff in fundraising.
- Build your donor base.
- Plan and implement a capital campaign.
- Examine donors, motivations, and changing trends in the Northwest.
- Discuss the Fundraising Code of Ethics and best practices.
- Developing a professional communication style
- Build constituent relationships.
- Use value-based decision making.
- Evaluate what skills and abilities employers look for in fundraising professionals
- Develop an effective resume.
- Evaluate the benefits of participating in professional organizations.
Click here to be notified about the next scheduled program.