You will learn many of the Lean Six Sigma techniques, problem-solving methods, and statistical tools including:
- DMAIC methodology to scope and define improvements
- Project charter and tracking
- Process mapping, process monitoring, and control
- Problem analysis tools and graphical data analysis
- Solution generation techniques
- Cost/benefit analysis; Risk planning and testing
- How to apply Lean concepts (designed to accelerate the speed of processes and reduce waste) such as 5S, waste reduction, Value Stream Mapping, and mistake proofing
- How to effectively manage team dynamics when working on projects and process improvements
Green Belt certification will give you all the skills needed to be an effective project leader. Green Belt certification also fulfills part of the requirements for Black Belt certification.
The University of Southern Maine is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM.
The registration fee includes all materials.
For more information:
March 1, 2018 to April 26, 2018, Abromson Center, Room 214/215 (16 seats (80%) remaining)