Course Detail: P_ORGFACEFFMTG - Organizing and Facilitating Effective Meetings
Studies have shown that many managers spend 40 to 60 percent of their time in meetings. Meetings can be an effective way to share information, solve problems, generate new ideas, develop new products and services, and build relationships. Yet, how many of us, whether we are managers, professionals or participants have sat through boring, ineffective meetings? Through presentation, discussion, and hands-on practice you will learn practical skills and tools to help you immediately improve your meetings.
- Observe and evaluate factors that contribute to facilitating successful group meetings
- Identify the characteristics of effective and ineffective group leaders and groups.
- Review a four-step meeting structure and processes that maximize participation by others
- Discuss and practice the art of listening, questioning, summarizing, facilitating new ideas, making decisions, handling various group dynamics, and other critical facilitation skills
- Write and commit to a professional action plan to apply these skills on the job
The University of Southern Maine is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM.
The registration fee includes all materials.
For more information: