We constantly negotiate with others in both professional and personal arenas. This course is designed for leaders and managers who negotiate for themselves and their organizations, as well as those who supervise employees and staff members who engage in negotiation. It is intended to provide a framework for analyzing the negotiation process more effectively and to provide tips for reaching agreement.
- • preparing to negotiate
- • deciding whether to make the first offer
- • establishing a "bargaining zone"
- • identifying different styles of negotiation
- • understanding the role of emotion in negotiation
- • avoiding barriers to agreement
- • responding to aggressive negotiators strategically
- • recognizing the impact of cultural differences on negotiation
This program is highly interactive and will include exercises and role plays along with a Powerpoint presentation. Participants will practice negotiating skills and receive feedback.
The University of Southern Maine is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM.
The registration fee includes all materials.
For more information: