This six-day program focuses on the skills critical to the success of mid-level managers, those individuals whose responsibilities link senior management and operational levels. These individuals use a combination of skills in order to drive excellence in their organizations including understanding and leading during change, articulating mission, vision and values for their teams, understanding and changing the image of their departments. This series will explore these as well as other key concepts which drive success in this key role.
In this highly interactive program with demonstrations, exercises, and coached mediation simulations, you will learn to:
· State the importance of mission, vision and values in creating your team
· Understand the various communication patterns (including conflict resolution techniques) using the Myers Briggs Type Indicator as a foundation.
· Define the various stages of change and how to navigate your team through the change process
· Understand what truly motivates employees
· Explore your inner world of leadership, identifying both strengths and weaknesses using the concepts of emotional intelligence
The program will use case studies from business as well as drawing upon the experiences of the participant. Much of the program will involve practice in small groups with immediate instructor and peer feedback.
Who Should Attend?
This program is designed for those who are in a mid-manager level and are either currently supervising individual (s) or plan to do so in the future.
The University of Southern Maine is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM.
The registration fee includes all materials.
For more information: