Studies have shown that many managers spend 40 to 60 percent of their time in meetings. Meetings can be an effective way to share information, solve problems, generate new ideas, develop new products and services, and build relationships. Yet, how many of us have sat through boring, ineffective meetings? Through presentation, discussion, and practice you will learn skills in this workshop to help your meetings stand out for their effectiveness!
During the workshop, you will:
- Observe and evaluate factors that contribute to facilitating successful group meetings
- Identify characteristics of effective and ineffective group leaders and groups.
- Review the structure and processes that maximize participation by others
- Discuss and practice the art of listening, questioning, summarizing, and other critical facilitation skills
- Write and commit to a professional action plan to apply these skills on the job
The University of Southern Maine is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM.
The registration fee includes all materials.
For more information:
Click here to be notified about the next scheduled program.