Course Detail: P_INSPIRE - Inspire High-Performance through Positivity
Chances are you've seen the unfortunate impact of negativity in the workplace. Negative mindsets and interactions can breed conflict and erode productivity. However, research in the field of positive psychology shows that positivity can be learned and, when applied, can lead to high performing teams and workplaces.
This workshop will first provide an understanding of this research by exploring how much positivity is needed in the workplace, how to get it and how it increases performance. Then you'll learn specific techniques to apply this research for yourself as a leader and for your workplace.
- flipping negativity
- enhancing work relationships (easy and difficult ones)
- engaging your team through authentic recognition, discovering strengths and welcoming dissent
- discovering positive meaning in the work environment
- spreading and absorbing positivity
- fostering the proper balance between inquiry (asking questions) and advocacy (stating viewpoints)
- exploring the power of a growth mindset with your team, and
- coaching individuals using a four-step model that builds your capacity to foster team member growth and performance.
You'll practice these skills through interactive exercises and case studies to be ready to apply them immediately back at your workplace so you will be able to bring out the best in each of your team members, and yourself.
Course fee includes Advocacy/Inquiry Skills Inventory by Kittie Watson, PhD and Larry Barker, PhD.
The University of Southern Maine is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM.
The registration fee includes all materials.
For more information:
Click here to be notified about the next scheduled program.