This three-day workshop is designed for project managers who have a solid grasp of basic project management, but are interested in the challenges that result as the methodology is being introduced into an organization. The course directly links to the first course in the Certificate Series, Effective Project Management.
The implementation challenges come in two related forms.
One is immediate to the project manager: How do you convert the course design into action in the workplace? Implementing Project Management examines selected factors, adding others of the participants' choosing.
The second, and more extensive, set of challenges involves how the project manager gains acceptance for project management in the organization, and among his/her co-workers.
- • Examine the causes of project implementation failure.
- • Determine how to effectively apply the planning and organizing activities of Effective Project Management.
- • Practice application of an Organizational Project Management Maturity Model.
- • Develop a persuasive presentation about project management.
- • Simulate question-answer handling of objections to project management.