Whether you call yourself a trainer, learning development specialist, facilitator, or HR generalist, you may be asked to deliver face-to-face programs to increase skills/knowledge at your organization.
Effective facilitation can help manage the group process, increase learning, and improve performance.
This workshop will offer you a wealth of information, skills, tools, tricks, and practice that you can implement immediately to increase your success. During these three days, you will have the opportunity to:
- Observe and evaluate training skills used by others
- Review key principles of adult learning and design
- Discuss and practice 12 facilitation skills that help you organize and deliver engaging, relevant workshops
- Identify the important elements of the opening of a training session
- Identify and address individual and group challenges
- Review available training resources
- Practice a portion of your own training program to incorporate these skills and receive feedback from the instructor and other professionals
- Write and commit to an action plan to apply the skills
The University of Southern Maine is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM.
The registration fee includes all materials.
For more information:
- Registration & Policies
Click here to be notified about the next scheduled program.