Course Detail: P_EFFPM - Effective Project Management
You are responsible for organizing and managing a multifaceted activity involving people from differing specialties to create something brand new. Quality is essential, resources are limited, and time is of the essence-a classic scenario. This course provides the concepts, practices, and skills required to manage such an enterprise. The process starts with examining the situation and organizing the team; moves through identifying tasks and estimating resources; and concludes with setting schedules, managing risk, and completing a plan. Working in teams, you will apply and extend your workplace expertise and integrate project management competencies.
- Situation analysis and problem solving
- The essentials of project team leadership
- Work breakdown structure and work package specifications
- The planning and control cycle
- Estimation and priority setting
- Precedent diagramming and scheduling
- Risk management and contingency planning
- The Gantt chart, resource leveling, and final planning
If your goal is to achieve the PMP certification, please go to the Project Management Institute website for specific requirements.The registration fee includes all materials.The University of Southern Maine is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM.
For more information: