Course Detail: GREO105 - GRE TEST PREP Course (Live Online Synchronous)
GRE TEST PREP (Live Online Synchronous): UMBC GRE Test Prep is here to help you learn about the GRE® General Test and to give you the skills and tools you need to maximize your potential. Our updated, comprehensive program covers each of the three main sections of the GRE® General Test-Analytical Writing, Verbal Reasoning, and Quantitative Reasoning. We will walk you through each section and prepare you for the question types you are likely to encounter on test day.
UMBC's GRE Prep Classes Offer:
Expert Instructors: Our highly trained instructors are here for you! Our experienced instructors understand the GRE and care about helping you achieve your goals.
Proven Strategies: Our GRE program was developed by test-preparation experts, who have years of experience writing test questions and preparing students for success on standardized exams.
Superior Materials: The GRE Prep Class includes a course workbook and the official textbook from ETS containing previously released test questions.
GRE Prep Class Session Information:
Quantitative Test topics include:
- Solution strategies for both quantitative comparison and multiple-choice problems
- Tips for breaking complex word problems into small, manageable parts
- Tips for turning geometric diagrams into solvable equations
- Review of the math concepts frequently tested on the exam
Verbal Test topics include:
- Solving problems when you don't know all the vocabulary
- Answering reading comprehension questions quickly, without reading the entire passage
- Using comparison/contrast clues to solve sentence-completion problems
General Topics Include:
- Solving "Multiple-Right-Answer" questions
- Utilizing the process of elimination
- Mastering time-management skills
- Minimizing test anxiety
- Identifying common distractors
- Additionally, strategies for the analytical writing section are outlined, and sample prompts with accompanying essays are discussed.
GRE Test Prep classes are offered in real-time via online. Our live-online programs give you the familiar experience of working within a traditional classroom setting. Online Support: Our online support package includes access to recordings of all class modules, an instructor-monitored question forum, and online office hours. Access to online resources continues through 120 days after your last scheduled class session, so you will still have support for your independent practice after class is over.
We offer a FREE GRE Workshop. This is a one hour informative introduction to the GRE General Test. Learn about the test and pick up a few tricks.
The Live-Online GRE Prep Course is offered online using Adobe Connect, a free browser plug-in. All you need are a high-speed internet connection, speakers or head phones, and Adobe Flash Player, which can also be downloaded for free.
Course materials will be delivered directly to your home.
Check your system for Compatibility
Download Adobe Flash Player