Course Detail: VOCL314 - MUSIC ACADEMY: VOCALS II Intermediate/Advanced (Middle & High School) IN-PERSON
VOCALS II: This class focuses on the maturing vocal students interested in the honing and strengthening of their vocal instrument through an intensive week long program of instruction. This program provides an engaging and rewarding musical experience that will push students and help them reach their full potential. Students will receive group voice work in a master repertoire class with students of similar experience and skill, individualized coaching, music theory and sight reading instruction.
- Become familiar with the full range of your vocal instrument
- Acquire advanced practice skills for the development of a proper singing technique
- Develop an appreciation of your performing strengths
- Learn to critically listen to other distinguished voices
- Exposure to various vocal styles through open recitals and recordings
- Correct posture and breathing
- Healthy tone production
- Correct diction and articulation
- Musicianship skills including melodic notation and its application to the keyboard
- Expressive interpretation of folk songs, arts songs, and musical theatre songs
- Stage presence, poise and personal motivation
Waiver - Photo and Video (PDF) 2023 (PDF Document)
Available Sessions - Click on date(s) below
Click here to be notified about the next scheduled program.