Course Detail: META104 - METAVERSE, WEARABLE TECH & ENTREPRENEURSHIP: (Middle and High School) IN PERSON
METAVERSE, WEARABLE TECH & ENTREPRENEURSHIP: What do the human body, music, and video games have in common? Wearable Technology. Students will have the opportunity to explore innovations from the realm of virtual reality and haptics while developing innovative ideas of their own. The world is constantly changing, especially in the midst of a pandemic, yet those influencing it the most are tech innovators of the world. Students will not only redefine themselves as innovators but future entrepreneurs with a plan.
Each day, students will be exposed to the world of entrepreneurship, meet real innovators who have created businesses, and participate in hands-on lessons where they develop a wearable tech product, business plan, and report their learnings. A class kit will assist students with developing a prototype that will be shared at the end of the week.
Skills and knowledge gained:
- The power of wearable technology and how it's redefining the tech field with the onset of Web 3
- Hands on development activities for gaming, Metaverse world building and wearables hardware
- How to turn a simple idea in to a prototype
- How to identify target customers in a global marketplace
- The power of a business plan
- How to pitch an innovative idea
- How to partner successfully with students from different backgrounds
- An understanding of why tech entrepreneurs and wearable technology is critical to solving the world's problems.
LUNCH: Students staying for full day or for both morning and afternoon sessions can bring or buy their lunch. All students will eat lunch on Campus in The Commons, a small food court.