This course price includes tuition, $50 nonrefundable registration fee & a $20 nonrefundable course fee.
From the most advanced to the fresh beginner, this course will allow you to work on your technique while learning a small piece of choreography. This course will allow you have the opportunity to perform - there is no requirement to perform, it should only be seen as an open opportunity for those of you who are interested and feel comfortable.
What will you learn in this course?
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate the basic steps of tap
- Develop their level of tap technique
- Apply the basic steps of tap in choreography
- Experience the process of being in a real performance
- Understand what is going on in the tap community in Taiwan
- Create rhythms and dance with props
- Demonstrate a traditional Irish Jig
What will you do in class?
To satisfactorily complete this course students are required to learn how to demonstrate the basic steps of tap. The expectation is to be able to demonstrate these basic steps through a small piece of choreography that we will learn thought out the semester and have the opportunity to perform.
Suggested Readings or Links to other content
Optional text - NOT required for this course: Tap Dancing America - A Cultural History By: Constance Valis Hill
Tap shoes are required. Instructor recommends Baum's in South Philly on Passyunk Avenue.
MMD 7081N Tap Repertory Karon 20SPC Syllabus (PDF Document)