Do you have a desire to stretch and grow and challenge yourself? Acting is probably the most popular and most-seen of all the performing arts, yet in many ways, it remains the most mysterious: How do you become someone else? How do you believe what you're saying if you have to lie? How do you memorize all those lines? Is it as easy as it seems? This course is designed to answer these questions, and more. It will give you an introduction to the tools that professional actors use and the processes they go through to create memorable performances. This course will give you the opportunity to learn about the craft of acting by actually doing it. Whether you have acted before, or are exploring the craft for the first time, this course will open new doors, expanding your expressive capabilities, use of imagination and spontaneity. You will gain greater confidence on stage and in front of people.
What will you learn in this course?
- You will encounter and understand and use the basic elements of technique of acting.
- You will recognize and embody the discipline and creativity that is required in the art of acting.
- You will learn that collaboration and team work are vital tools.
- You will cultivate useful communication tools, and will develop confidence in self-expression.
What will you do in class?
- Readings + Responses
- Presentations of monologues and/or scenes
Come dressed to move (yoga clothing, sweats, etc.). A water bottle is recommended.