Course Detail: HLT376 - Medical Interpreter (Spanish/English) - NEW!
- Develop best practice interpreting techniques - simultaneous, consecutive and sight translation
- Learn medical terminology in both Spanish and English and the corresponding transfer into the opposite language
- Understand protocol when interpreting for a Spanish-speaking patient
- Master the code of ethics of the medical interpreter
- Study the necessary material to sit in any Spanish Medical Interpreter examination
- Develop professionalism, accuracy, and a mastery of cross-cultural differences
- Prepare for a job as a certified or non-certified medical interpreter
- Become ready to successfully take the medical interpreter certification exam
- Master medical terminology in both Spanish and English and take these language skills to any medical-related job
- Access the course's online laboratory to practice your skills
About the Instructor
Nestor Wagner is a certified Court and Medical Interpreter who has been teaching interpreting courses since 1990. He has the highest pass rate of certified court interpreters in the nation. He has published several books in the interpreting community. Nestor is involved in the examination process for Immigration Interpreters and Analytical Linguists. He participates as speakers in national and international conferences on Criminal, Civil and Immigration Court terminology, advanced interpreting skills, and localization in the transfer of legal and non-legal terminology. He holds a Master's degree from the University of Washington.