Lift your tush, get your heart rate up and tone and tighten all of the right areas with this high-energy, fun and challenging barre workout!
Top 10 Benefits of Barre:
- 1. Makes you stronger - The isometric contractions that make up the bulk of a barre class occur when the muscle tenses without changing length. What's wonderful about the one-inch movements is that you can hold a posture and benefit from continuously engaging the muscle, but you also get a mini-recovery with each pulse, so you can stay in the hold longer.
2. Targets multiple muscle groups at once - It's a highly efficient workout since you're doing two to four movements-holding, pulsing, stretching-at a time in each move. Working all these areas at once also helps raise the heart rate.
3. Improves mind and body concentration - The smaller movements in a barre class can bring a new level of awareness to the body that you don't get in regular strength workouts.
4 .Increases endurance - The constant strength training also helps with increasing your heart rate and endurance.
5. It's fun and upbeat - Because its incorporated with dance, barre is a fun and exciting way to way workout.
6. Weight loss - The barre targets the largest muscle groups in the body. As you continue, you will begin to build more lean muscle mass, raising your metabolic rate, which can help you produce more energy and burn more calories.
7. Core strength - You engage your core the entire time. A strong core can increase your performance in all other activities in your life, whether you're playing tennis or just lifting your children.
8. Reduces cellulite - Aerobic activity is a key factor in getting rid of cellulite! Barre exercises are fat blasting; it focuses on the lower body and designed to help you drop pounds.
9. Improves flexibility - Ballet stretches are a major part of the session done at the end of each interval, so the muscles are elongated, bulk is reduced and therefore balance and alignment are achieved.
10. Increases bone health - The constant tension and resistance placed on the muscles has an effect on bones that makes them stronger, which is key to warding off osteoporosis with age.