KU Coding Boot Camp is a part-time, 24-week full stack flex course that gives you the knowledge and skills to build dynamic end-to-end web applications and become a full stack web developer.
The program is rigorous and fast-paced and covers both the theory and application of web development. As you gain proficiency, you’ll use what you learn on real projects under the guidance of area employers. Plus, you’ll have an impressive professional portfolio and the confidence to succeed as a web development professional.
Those who successfully complete the program receive a Certificate of Completion in Web Development from University of Kansas Professional and Continuing Education and 24 CEUs (Continuing Education Units).
- Apply “social coding” accepted and best practices (including source control, issue tracking, functional feedback, etc.)
- Build a front end website either from scratch or by utilizing a front end framework (such as Bootstrap)
- Deploy static and dynamic websites to the cloud
- Implement complex logical conditions to meet an objective
- Write SQL commands to perform Create, Read, Update and Delete commands
- Create a full stack Single Page Application with AJAX communication
- Develop your vision for a website—and then build it!
- Expertly navigate the file system and terminal basics
- Work independently or in a group on complex projects throughout the entire development lifecycle
- Understand the basics of troubleshooting and enhancing legacy code
- Communicate the basics of serving a web page and how the browser renders code
- Consume RESTful APIs properly utilizing REST verbs
- Create robust web applications and services in Java using Spring MVC
- Create session-based applications utilizing user authentication schemes that are well-known and widely used