This course meets the needs of the National Incident Management System (NIMS) and the National Response Framework (NRF).
This course will assist individual responders to perform as viable team members by:
- Demonstrating the goals of NIMS and NRF.
- Emphasizing the nature and purpose of a USFA Type 3 AHIMT so that others in the community and emergency services are more willing and able to assist within various components of their local USFA Type 3 AHIMT.
- Demonstrating the critical role that leadership and teamwork skills play in the success of a USFA Type 3 AHIMT.
- Providing a basic framework for building and maintaining critical interpersonal communications and working together as a team member of a USFA Type 3 AHIMT.
- Offering practical experience of on-scene operations through extensive exercises and simulations, as well as through post-course refresher training, by providing students with the opportunity to perform as members of a USFA Type 3 AHIMT during a mock incident management situation.
Click here to be notified about the next scheduled program.