This course provides an overview of the FAA organizational structure and its function in aircraft certification, the rule-making and advisory process, production rules applicable to aircraft and aircraft components, the subsequent certification process, and continued airworthiness. The course is specifically tailored toward civil airworthiness certification. The course is FAA-approved for Inspection Authorization (IA) renewal. Prior certification activity is beneficial, but not required.
- Overview of FAA Aircraft Certification (AIR) and Flight Standards (AFS) service organization and functions
- Advisory circular, notice and order process and issuance
- Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR) Parts 1, 11, 23, 25, 26, 27, 29, 33, 36, 39, 43, 45 and 183
- Parts Manufacturer Approval (PMA)
- Type Certification (TC) and Supplemental Type Certification (STC) process
- Certification process improvement
- FAA guide to product certification
- Documentation of typical TC/STC products
- Safety management concepts
- FAA Form 337/Field Approval
- Flight Standards Information Management System (FSMIS) notices and orders
- Bilateral Aviation Safety Agreements
This course is designed for engineers and managers involved in the aerodynamic design and analysis of airplanes, rotorcraft and other vehicles.
Early registration course fee: $1,895 if you register and pay by the early registration deadline (45 days prior to the first day of class).
Regular registration course fee: $1,995 if you register and pay after the early registration deadline.
Canada Department of National Defence Discount
This course is available to Canada DND employees at 10% off the registration fee. Please contact the DND Procurement Authority (DAP 2-3) for details. Please note that you cannot register using our online system when requesting this discount. This discount is available for both the early registration and regular registration fees.
Classroom hours / CEUs
21 classroom hours
IMPORTANT - BEFORE REGISTERING FOR A COURSE
You will need a profile with a password to access to your course enrollment history and certificates.
Click on "Create Profile/Sign In" in the left hand margin. If you have previously created an account Sign In with your password. If you do not have a profile with a password, click "create a profile". Continue shopping to register for the course and session of your choice. Course Resources
AERO0270 Course Information and Outline : FAA Functions and Requirements Leading to Airworthiness Approval