This course provides an overview of FAA functions and requirements applicable to Type Design Approval, Production Approval, Airworthiness Approval and Continued Airworthiness associated with military- procured commercial derivative aircraft and products. This course focuses on the unique military needs in procurement (customer versus contractor) of products meeting civil airworthiness requirements, which are aligned with military-specific mission/airworthiness goals. Prior certification experience is beneficial, but not required.
- Overview of FAA Aircraft Certification (AIR) and Flight Standards (AFS) service organizations
- Applicability of FAA advisory circulars, notices and orders
- FAA baseline and Program Specific Service Agreement (PSSA) services following Title 14, Code of Federal Regulations (CFRs), Parts 1, 11 and 21
- Parts Manufacturer Approval (PMA) process
- FAA "baseline" and "Program Specific Service Agreement" (PSSA) services following Title 14, Code of Federal Regulations (CFRs), Parts 1, 11, 21
- Eligibility of Department of Defense contractor installations and modification centers as FAA Part 145 Repair Stations
- Part 39 Airworthiness Directives
- Flight Standards Aircraft Evaluation Group's (AEG) role in aircraft certification
- Type Certification (TC) and Supplemental Type Certification (STC) process (FAA Order 8110.4)
- Project Specific Certification Plan (PSCP) principles in the RFP process
- FAA Form 337/Field Approval process
- Role of FAA Military Certification Office (MCO)
- Federal Reimbursable Agreement AVS-OA-ACE-12-3035 between DOT/FAA and armed services of the United States
- USAF Policy Directive 62-6, NAVAIR Instruction 13100.15, Army Regulation 70-62, application of Mil-HDBK-516B, TACC/MACC
This course is designed and focused specifically for U.S. Department of Defense (DoD), Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Coast Guard and non-U.S. military procurement and airworthiness personnel, as well as associated military/supplier engineers, consultants and project directors involved in procurement of commercial derivative aircraft (CDA) or equipment developed for use on CDA.
Early registration course fee: $1,895 if you register and pay by the early registration deadline (45 days prior to the first day of class).
Regular registration course fee: $1,995 if you register and pay after the early registration deadline.
U.S. Federal Employee Discount
This course is available to U.S. federal employees at 10% off the registration fee. To receive the federal employee discount, you must enter the code FGVT116 during the checkout process. Please note that you must validate your eligibility to receive this discount by entering your U.S. government email address (ending in .gov or .mil) when creating your online registration profile. This discount is available for both the early registration and regular registration fees.
Canada Department of National Defence Discount
This course is available to Canada DND employees at 10% off the registration fee. Please contact the DND Procurement Authority (DAP 2-3) for details. Please note that you cannot register using our online system when requesting this discount. This discount is available for both the early registration and regular registration fees.
Netherlands Defence Academy Discount
This course is available to Netherlands Defence Academy employees at a discounted registration fee. Please contact the NDA Procurement and Contracting department for details. Please note that you cannot register using our online system when requesting this discount.
Classroom hours / CEUs
21 classroom hours
IMPORTANT - BEFORE REGISTERING FOR A COURSE
You will need a profile with a password to access to your course enrollment history and certificates.
Click on "Create Profile/Sign In" in the left hand margin. If you have previously created an account Sign In with your password. If you do not have a profile with a password, click "create a profile". Continue shopping to register for the course and session of your choice. Course Resources
AERO0260 Course Information and Outline : FAA Certification Procedures and Airworthiness Requirements as Applied to Military Procurement of Commercial Derivative Aircraft/Systems
Click here to be notified about the next scheduled program.