This course provides an overview of aircraft structural external loads analysis including: criteria, design, analysis, fatigue, certification, validation and testing. It covers FAR 23 and FAR 25 airplane load requirements. However, the concepts may be applicable for military structural requirements. Loads calculation examples using BASICLOADS software will be demonstrated throughout the course week. A copy of BASICLOADS software will be provided to attendees.
- Overview of data requirements: aerodynamics, mass properties, stiffness, control systems and propulsion
- Certification requirements: methods of compliance and FAR23 and FAR25 loads requirements
- Structural design airspeeds derivations: construct flight envelope
- V-n diagrams: calculation of maneuvering load factors, gust load factors, construct V-n diagrams
- Maneuver loads: balanced maneuvers, abrupt pitch maneuvers, roll maneuvers, yaw maneuvers and engine-out maneuvers
- Gust loads: gust formula, discrete tuned 1-cos gust, PSD gust, vertical, lateral and head-on gust
- Ground loads: landing, taxi, ground handling, static and dynamic loads and landing gear drop test
- Airframe loads: wing, horizontal tail, vertical tail, fuselage, control surfaces and flaps
- Fatigue loads: certification requirements, mission requirement, exceedance curve, gust and maneuver fatigue loads
- Loads testing: flight loads validation, ground calibration, static limit and ultimate test and fatigue loads test
- Loads calculations using BASICLOADS software throughout the course
Designed for practicing engineers and engineering managers whose responsibilities include aircraft structures.
Early registration course fee: $2,495 if you register and pay by the early registration deadline (45 days prior to the first day of class).
Regular registration course fee: $2,695 if you register and pay after the early registration deadline.
U.S. Federal Employee Discount
This course is available to U.S. federal employees at 10% off the registration fee. To receive the federal employee discount, you must enter the code FGVT116 during the checkout process. Please note that you must validate your eligibility to receive this discount by entering your U.S. government email address (ending in .gov or .mil) when creating your online registration profile. This discount is available for both the early registration and regular registration fees.
Canada Department of National Defence Discount
This course is available to Canada DND employees at 10% off the registration fee. Please contact the DND Procurement Authority (DAP 2-3) for details. Please note that you cannot register using our online system when requesting this discount. This discount is available for both the early registration and regular registration fees.
Netherlands Defence Academy Discount
This course is available to Netherlands Defence Academy employees at a discounted registration fee. Please contact the NDA Procurement and Contracting department for details. Please note that you cannot register using our online system when requesting this discount.
Aerospace Compliance, Aircraft Design, Aircraft Structures
Classroom hours / CEUs
31.5 classroom hours
IMPORTANT - BEFORE REGISTERING FOR A COURSE
You will need a profile with a password to access to your course enrollment history and certificates.
Click on "Create Profile/Sign In" in the left hand margin. If you have previously created an account Sign In with your password. If you do not have a profile with a password, click "create a profile". Continue shopping to register for the course and session of your choice. Course Resources
AERO0090 Course Information and Outline : Aircraft Structural Loads: Requirements, Analysis, Testing and Certification
Click here to be notified about the next scheduled program.