This course provides the practical knowledge needed to plan a safe and comprehensive series of flutter envelope expansion tests. It includes suggestions and recommendations for flutter and post-stall certification as well as demonstration of new or significantly modified airplane designs to meet civil or military requirements.
- Why advanced flight testing is necessary
- Fundamental principles of aeroelasticity
- Experimental and analytical tools used in preflight preparations
- Instrumentation for flutter envelope expansion
- Subcritical response techniques and interpretation of supporting analyses
- Interpreting test results
- Expanding the envelope
- Discussions of limit cycle oscillations
- Foundations of post-stall flight testing
- Aerodynamic conditions for dynamic equilibrium
- Experimental tools for preflight preparations
- Instrumentation for post-stall flight tests
- Emergency recovery devices
- Subsystem modifications for post-stall testing
- Recommended recovery techniques
- Guidelines and discipline for conducting advanced flight tests
- Planning for efficiency in data collection and data management
- Contingency planning
Designed for practicing and entry-level flight test engineers and managers, aircraft engineers, and aircraft designers.
Early registration course fee: $2,495 if you register and pay by the early registration deadline (45 days prior to the first day of class).
Regular registration course fee: $2,695 if you register and pay after the early registration deadline.
Flight Tests and Aircraft Performance
Classroom hours / CEUs
33 classroom hours
IMPORTANT - BEFORE REGISTERING FOR A COURSE
You will need a profile with a password to access to your course enrollment history and certificates.
Click on "Create Profile/Sign In" in the left hand margin. If you have previously created an account Sign In with your password. If you do not have a profile with a password, click "create a profile". Continue shopping to register for the course and session of your choice. Course Resources
AERO0020 Course Information and Outline : Advanced Flight Tests