Opens in a new window
Opens an external site
Opens an external site in a new window
Your young athlete will learn the core components of passing, catching, defense and more in a fun and positive environment. Each week is a balance of skill-building and scrimmage-related activities. Participants should bring appropriate athletic wear and a water bottle.
Community Education is concerned about the health and safety of our participants and staff. We will be taking the following steps during this class to protect everyone:
In addition, the Skyhawks program and staff will follow these guidelines and policies:
- - All balls and equipment will be sanitized before and after camps/classes.
- - All camps/classes will start with hand-washing or hand sanitizer application.
- - No handshakes or high fives.
- - We will practice social distancing during skills and drills with participants at least 6 feet apart.
- - To be compliant with ISD 728's COVID 19 guidelines, parents/guardians or siblings are not allowed to wait in district buildings while their child attends a Community Education class/activity unless they are a registered participant (parent/child classes), or have been asked to stay due to safety reasons or as a requirement of the class. In those situations, only 1 parent/guardian is allowed. Parents are then required to exit the building and the instructor/coach will bring students to the exterior door for pickup at the end of class.
- - Skyhawks will closely follow and monitor all CDC guidelines and policies related to youth-specific and sports/camp-related activities.
- - Parents will check in their child from 6 feet away, verbally acknowledging child's name and any special notes regarding allergies, approved pick-up contacts, health concerns, etc.
- - Staff will remind participants throughout the session not to touch their face, mouth or eyes, and to cover all coughs and sneezes.
- - Parents/guardians should provide hand sanitizer (if available) and must provide a towel to help in limiting facial touching.
- - All equipment will be sanitized after each camp session and during sessions as needed.