Opens in a new window
Opens an external site
Opens an external site in a new window
Karate is a great way for students to increase their sense of responsibility, build self-esteem and decrease their willingness to take foolish risks. Choose martial arts to supplement your student's education and see how they benefit.
Community Education is concerned about the health and safety of our participants and staff. We will be taking the following steps during this class to protect everyone:
In addition, Professional Karate Studios will have the following measures in place:
- - Equipment/supplies, desks, tables, chairs will be cleaned before and after each class.
- - We will practice social distancing and request participants wear face masks or shields.
- - We will have a smaller number of participants in each class.
- - To be compliant with ISD 728's COVID-19 guidelines, parents/guardians or siblings are not allowed to wait in district buildings while their child attends a Community Education class/activity unless they are a registered participant (parent/child classes), or have been asked to stay due to safety reasons or as a requirement of the class. In those situations, only 1 parent/guardian is allowed. Parents can accompany their child inside the building and escort them to the classroom/gym. Parents are then required to exit the building and the instructor/coach will bring students to the exterior door for pickup at the end of class.
- - All visitors will be required to wash their hands prior to or immediately upon entering the facility. Hand-sanitizer may be used in place of soap and water, as long as hands are not visibly soiled.
- - Workers and visitors are being instructed to cover their mouth and nose with their sleeve or a tissue when coughing or sneezing and to avoid touching their face. They should dispose of tissues in the trash and wash or sanitize their hands immediately afterward.
- - We will practice social distancing and have smaller class sizes. Students will be given their own designated space.
- - Masks or facial coverings are required.
- - Equipment and surfaces will be cleaned and disinfected frequently.