Opens in a new window
Opens an external site
Opens an external site in a new window
All aspects of Skyhawks volleyball are taught through drills and exercises that focus on bumping, setting, hitting, and serving. This co-ed program is designed for the beginning and intermediate player. Skyhawks staff will assist campers in developing fundamental skills through game-speed drills and scrimmages. Participants should bring appropriate athletic wear and a water bottle.
Community Education is concerned about the health and safety of our participants and staff. We will be taking the following steps during this class to protect everyone:
- - All balls and equipment will be sanitized before and after camps/classes.
- - All camps/classes will start with hand-washing or hand sanitizer application.
- - No handshakes or high fives.
- - We will practice social distancing during skills and drills with participants at least 6 feet apart.
In addition, the Skyhawks program and staff will follow these guidelines and policies:
- Skyhawks will closely follow and monitor all CDC guidelines and policies related to youth-specific and sports/camp-related activities.
- Parents will check in their child from 6 feet away, verbally acknowledging child's name and any special notes regarding allergies, approved pick-up contacts, health concerns, etc.
- Staff will remind participants throughout the session not to touch their face, mouth or eyes, and to cover all coughs and sneezes.
- Parents/guardians should provide hand sanitizer (if available) and must provide a towel to help in limiting facial touching.
- All equipment will be sanitized after each camp session and during sessions as needed.