Opens in a new window
Opens an external site
Opens an external site in a new window
Skyhawks Cheerleading teaches you the essential skills to lead crowds and support the home team! You'll learn proper hand and body movements and jumping techniques. The week concludes with a choreographed performance.
Community Education is concerned about the health and safety of our participants and staff. We will be taking the following steps during this class to protect everyone:
- - All balls and equipment will be sanitized before and after camps/classes.
- - All camps/classes will start with hand-washing or hand sanitizer application.
- - No handshakes or high fives.
- - We will practice social distancing during skills and drills with participants at least 6 feet apart.
- - To be compliant with ISD 728's COVID 19 guidelines, parents/guardians or siblings are not allowed to wait in district buildings while their child attends a Community Education class/activity unless they are a registered participant (parent/child classes), or have been asked to stay due to safety reasons or as a requirement of the class. In those situations, only 1 parent/guardian is allowed. Parents are then required to exit the building and the instructor/coach will bring students to the exterior door for pickup at the end of class.
In addition, the Skyhawks program and staff will follow these guidelines and policies:
- Skyhawks will closely follow and monitor all CDC guidelines and policies related to youth-specific and sports/camp-related activities.
- Parents will check in their child from 6 feet away, verbally acknowledging child's name and any special notes regarding allergies, approved pick-up contacts, health concerns, etc.
- Staff will remind participants throughout the session not to touch their face, mouth or eyes, and to cover all coughs and sneezes.
- Parents/guardians should provide hand sanitizer (if available) and must provide a towel to help in limiting facial touching.
- All equipment will be sanitized after each camp session and during sessions as needed.