The Certificate in Production and Inventory Management series is offered in cooperation with the Fort Wayne Chapter of APICS.This certificate is designed to build an in-depth view of materials management, master scheduling, production planning, forecasting, and quality improvement within the confines of the internal operations of a company.
Upon completion of the course, attendees will receive a Certification of Completion from Purdue Fort Wayne. Upon successfully taking and passing the APICS CPIM Part 1 and Part 2 exams, the attendee will be eligible to receive the APICS CPIM Certification.
Basics of Supply Chain Management: The basic concepts in managing the complete flow of materials in a supply chain from suppliers to customers are covered in the Basics module. Supply chain concepts are introduced and basic terminology emphasized, as are relationships among activities in the supply chain. Knowledge of the material in this module is assumed as a prerequisite for the other APICS CPIM modules, which cover similar topics but in a much greater depth.
Strategic Management of Resources: This module covers strategic planning and implementation and describes how market requirements drive the resources and processes of an organization. It helps you explore the relationship of existing and emerging processes and technologies to manufacturing strategy and supply chain-related functions.
Master Planning of Resources: The topics of demand management, sales and operations planning, and master scheduling are examined in-depth in this module. Both supply and demand planning for mid- to long-term independent demand are discussed. Priority planning and capacity planning issues are also addressed.
Detailed Scheduling and Planning: The subject matter of this module includes inventory management, material requirements planning, capacity requirements planning, procurement, and supplier relationships.
Execution and Control of Operations: The principles, approaches, and techniques needed to schedule, control, measure, and evaluate the effectiveness of production operations are covered in this module. A broad range of production operations are reviewed including project, batch, line, continuous, and remanufacturing environments.
APICS Learning System
• Part 1 and Part 2 Student Guides - Over 1,500 pages of content
• Printed Student Slides, excellent for note taking during class
• Pretest and Posttest - Test your skill before and after the course, measure your progress
• SmartStudy plan and Reporting track progress
• Section quizzes, Case Study, Glossary and Flashcards
• Practice exams - Emulate the weighting and timing of the computer-based exam
• Resource Center includes a complimentary download of APICS CPIM ECM
• Mobile access to reading modules, study tools and resources
• Learn from an experienced instructor who provides expertise, insights and one-on-one guidance.
• Network, shared experiences, and discuss topics with a diverse group of internal operations professionals.
• Obtain full access and use of the APICS Learning System for 1 year.
APICS is the association for supply chain management and the leading provider of research, education and certification programs that elevate supply chain excellence, innovation and resilience. The APICS Certificate in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) designation is an industry standard. With over 45,000 members and approximately 300 channel partners, APICS is transforming the way people do business, drive growth, and reach global customers.