Developed in conjunction with the Project Management Institute's (PMI) - Northeast Indiana Chapter.
This is not a 4 day bootcamp.
This is an in-depth project management learning experience completely aligned with the Project Management Institute's standards and philosophies.
The Project Management Institute's (PMI) PMP® credential recognizes demonstrated knowledge and skill in leading and directing project teams and in delivering project results within the constraints of schedule, budget, and resources.
The Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) serves as the global standard for terminology and processes related to the project management discipline.
PMI's credentials undergo a vigorous process of development and maintenance that is recognized by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO). The PMP® credential process also maintains ISO 17024 accreditation. For more details, visit the PMI webpage:About the PMP®
Benefits of Certification:
This distinction benefits PMP® credential holders in several ways:
- 1. It elevates the status of PMP® credential holders on projects, within organizations and within the global project management community.
2. It allows organizations that employ PMP® credential holders to reference the ISO 17024 certification as a qualifier for the competence and capability of their employees.
3. It assures those professionals considering the PMP® credential that PMI's certification system is recognized in the global business community.
Individuals who obtain and maintain a PMI PMP® credential are not only recognized for their skills and knowledge during the vigorous credentialing process, but also show their dedication to the profession and professional development.
See the expected growth for Project Mangers in the next 10 years: Job Growth and Talent Gap 2017-2027
About the Course:
IPFW's PMP® Certification Exam Preparation Course is an instructor-led, detailed, and carefully designed class created to prepare project management practitioners for the Project Management Professional (PMP®) or Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM®) examination.
The course content and delivery is structured around The Guide to the PMBOK® knowledge areas, supplemental exam material, as well as the selected text. This course will help the PMP® or CAPM® candidates optimize their study and preparation time for the respective certification examinations. Additionally, students will have access to a proven, online learning environment that includes over 1000 simulated PMP® exam questions.
A highly experienced PMP® instructor will use interactive lectures, numerous hands-on exercises, team activities, group discussions, individual discovery, practice exams, and other techniques to drive home the essential points of this material.
Reasons to Attend:
- ♦ Understand the complex and confusing exam application - get maximum credit for your experience!
- ♦ Learn useful techniques for preparing for and taking the PMP® exam
- ♦ Learn to apply knowledge to situational types of questions
- ♦ Learn how to select the best answer from four choices
- ♦ Practice exams for each section, both in a pen-and-paper environment as well as online timed quizzes similar to the actual exam
- ♦ Apply earned value formulas appropriately and interpret the results
- ♦ Earn 35 approved contact hours required to sit for the PMP® Exam
- ♦ Receive invaluable PMP® Exam tips and tricks
- ♦ Participate in two planned Q&A workshops
Uniquely Designed Class:
- ♦ An experienced PMI-qualified instructor
- ♦ One session dedicated to the PMP® application
- ♦ Eight classroom sessions following the PMBOK® guide, plus additional material expected to be found on the certification exam
- ♦ Two optional Saturday workshops dedicated to answering questions that arise from the practice exams
- ♦ A dedicated class website for discussions containing over 1000 additional timed questions, lecture notes, and more
The first session of the PMP® Exam Preparation course focuses on the rather complex application that is required in order to qualify to sit for the exam. PMI routinely audits applications - the intent of the first class is for students to understand how to collect their project experience and related documents in order to pass any possible audit. During the remainder of the course, the student should complete their application package and submit it on-line to the Project Management Institute.
Additional Workshop Sessions:
In any PMP® exam preparation class, there are always questions that arise from the practice exams. Resolution of these questions is critical to the learning experience. In order to best accommodate these questions while not detracting from the regular classes, IPFW's unique approach is to offer two optional Saturday workshop sessions just for this purpose. During these sessions, students can ask for clarification and amplification of any of the practice exam questions and receive a discussion of how to select the 'most correct' answer.
We will build on your prior experience in each PMP® topic, while providing you with a structure and vocabulary to use in future projects. If you have modest project management knowledge, you will find that the clarity of the material and direct presentation style of the instructor team will make the subject matter easy to understand. The classroom sessions closely follow the chapters in the PMBOK® (V5) Guide.
The text is a compilation of notes, comments and suggestions on how to read the PMBOK® guide created by one of the instructors. It can be considered "A Guide to the Guide" and contains materials often found on the exam that are NOT contained within the PMBOK® guide. The text can be downloaded in PDF or ePUB format for printing or used on an ebook reader. The text is supplied as a part of the course fee.
Each student will be responsible for reading, taking practice quizzes and participating in an online class environment outside of normal class hours.
Why is The PMP® Exam Changing?
PMI continually ensures that the PMP® Exam is an accurate reflection of the tasks, knowledge and skills project management professionals perform and need daily. To that end, the PMBOK® Guide is frequently being updated.
The PMP® Exam -- largely based on the content found in the PMBOK® Guide -- is in the final stages of being updated from Version 5 to Version 6. You'll be able to obtain a final release of version 6 of the guide in the 3rd quarter of 2017 (around June 2017) and the PMP® Exam update will happen in Q1 of 2018 (possibly as early as January 2018)
So, it is recommended that you begin your PMP® Exam preparation based on PMBOK® Guide 5th Edition soon.
Which version of the GUIDE should I use to study?
• If you're planning on taking the exam before Jan 1, 2018 - Use PMBOK® Guide 5th Edition.
• If you're planning on taking the exam after Jan 1, 2018 - Use PMBOK® Guide 6th Edition.
This is our last Version 5 PMP® exam prep class scheduled. After that, we will be offering Version 6 related lectures, questions, online environment and additional materials.